Monday, June 30, 2014

Stitch Starter Ruler & Sleeves

Hello friends! It has been another busy week....and today will be filled with adding new handmade items to my freshly updated website. Over the last few days, I managed to turn these piles:


Into these finished piles of Stitch Starter Ruler Sleeves:


These pocket sleeves measure 3.5" x 3.5" and hold my BRD 3" Stitch Starter Ruler perfectly - they are fully lined with no raw seams...and they use fusible fleece to give them a bit of padding and stability. I will be listing all 36 new Stitch Starter Ruler Sleeves (four each of nine different fabrics) in the Exclusives/One-of-a-Kind Handmade section on my website...and each ruler pocket sleeve purchase includes a Stitch Starter Ruler.


For those of you unfamiliar with my BRD Stitch Starter Ruler:
  • It is 2 mil acrylic plastic, making it durable.
  • It has marking lines for 1", 2", and 3" seam allowances, so you only need one tool.
  • It is clear, making it easy to see your fabric placement.
  • It has 1/4" and 1/2" markings on three sides.
  • It has complete 3" ruler markings down the left side - these can be used for: finishing work measurements, measuring between stitched designs, and counting threads to figure fabric count.
  • Visit this PDF link for more information: Directions for using the Stitch Starter Ruler
A Stitch Starter Ruler is also included in the following Blue Ribbon Designs with charting and instructions to make your own cross stitch sleeves: BRD-100 "Holiday Helpings" and BRD-097 "Blessed Beyond Measure" - these two design charts can be purchased on my website or at your favorite needlework shop.




I am off to take photos of each Stitch Starter Ruler Sleeve (it's terribly gloomy and raining, so I am going to have to work on the lighting)...then I will start posting them on the website (along with a few other new items)...it's going to be a busy day!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful assortment of stitch starter sleeves you created, Belinda! That owl fabric makes me grin!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yes loving all the fabric....I have never seen a stitch started ruler before.. it looks like a really useful tool... and a pretty sleeve to keep it in too :)
    Your website is looking great, lots of lovely handmade things and designs.... :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete