Monday, October 13, 2014

A Rainy Day Update...

It's been almost two weeks since my last post...but I have a good excuse...it is only a few weeks from the Komen 3-Day 60-mile walk in Dallas, and I have been busy training...and when I am not training, I am working hard on all sorts of projects, trying to keep Blue Ribbon Designs in business. Schatzi and I have been getting in some great morning walks around the lake...and I have been getting in extra mileage walking alone, logging in several 12+ mile walks in the last two weeks. My studio has been bustling with needlwork finishing, magazine projects (cross stitch and quilting), Etsy sewing, and custom orders - anything that will help supplement my income while the needlework industry is on the decline. Here is my last couple weeks in photos...

Some needlework finishing for a customer...

Fabulous squirrel fabric - a gift from my dear friend Mary - it will be made
into a tote bag when I can make time...

New fabric stash, thanks to a dear friend...

Simba keeping my stitching nest warm...

Geese at the lake...

Geese at the lake...



A special machine applique project in the works...

A gloomy morning at the lake, but it was still beautiful!



My training partner Schatzi, after a trip around the lake...

A custom Etsy order in progress..

Another stitching wallet complete and off to a good home...
It is a very rainy, gloomy day today and my walk was cut short this morning, so I will be sewing shortly...I have a pile of stitching wallets in progress and more finishing work to do! Then, after a birthday celebration for my husband this evening, I will be in my stitching nest working on a project for Just CrossStitch magazine...it is another day filled with creativity....
Thanks for stopping by...and we will visit again soon...

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your photos that you share with us, Belinda. Love the stitching wallets you are working on, the fabrics you have received and the nature around you. Please pass along my birthday wishes to your husband.

    xoxoxox,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schatzi is a real treasure :) I can see why he was named so.
    Beautiful pics...I think the lake looks mysterious and intrigueing!

    ReplyDelete