Friday, January 30, 2015

This Week In My World...

It's been another creative week in the Blue Ribbon Designs studio and I have been working on a pile of designs/projects...sewing/quilting during the day and model stitching in the evenings. I can't show you any of these special projects just yet, but I did work on a couple other things this week, as well...

I have several personal cross stitch projects that are well underway (and have been for years) from fellow needlework designers. All of my stitching time tends to be dedicated to my own models...but I decided in the new year that if I can get in even a few stitches a week on some of these projects, maybe (just maybe) one day I will have a finish or two... here is Sarah Moon's Quaker Sampler by Needleprint...started many moons ago (no pun intended)...I managed to stitch a new medallion this week...


I also managed a wee bit of time for gift making (for my very patient friends) this week and was able to finish up this special watermelon pincushion, which is on the way to it's new home...and I still have more items to complete - I think I missed every single special occasion and holiday in 2014 (I have been a terrible friend). I posted this picture on Instagram and Facebook and now I have a growing list of people who want one...yeah, I'll get to those in my spare time (wink, wink)....this is from a favorite pattern called "Fruit Salad Pincushions" by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.:


I have also been crushing on some fun items this week...a couple favorite pincushions (I switch up pincushions at my machine almost daily - most of them are treasures created by friends - they make me happy!)...and a plethora of sweet Valentine fabrics and owl potholder - gifts from a very dear friend today...




Many of you know I am getting ready to take a vacation in the very near future - something almost completely unheard of...we are traveling to Florida for a week to visit my mother and her new husband at their vacation rental...I know, I can't believe we are getting out of Iowa in winter and going someplace warm with beaches and sunshine! I don't think I have ever been on a winter vacation as an adult (those of you who know me, know I rarely never take time off)...but it is definitely needed - I really need to refresh and clear my head...and spend some quality time with family - now I just have to finish up about a gazillion projects and deadlines before we go. I posted this photo earlier in the week, showing one of our destinations (I haven't been there since my 5th birthday)...we have been gifted five day park hopper passes, so we should be able to enjoy everything...and I am SO looking forward to it...because, we all know I am just a kid at heart!


Finally - the kiddos are doing well. Simba is still trying to find the warmest place in the house...here he is in my stitching nest last night (actually really early this morning)...I was at the dining room table binding a quilt and he was curled up in my comfy chair on my quilt. Schatzi is still a ball of energy...and just weighed in at (wait for it) 85 pounds...can you believe she will be two years old in a couple months?! Here she is at the park a few days ago...tennis balls are her new favorite thing - luckily, I have an AWESOME neighbor who gives me bags full of them. She is super smart and has learned all sorts of commands and tricks...and I can hardly wait for warmer weather so we can do our daily walks around the lake again...



So that's what has been happening this week in my world...busy as usual, but happy, focused, and inspired. I am off to do a little house cleaning - then to my stitching nest...

2 comments:

  1. I know you will enjoy your time in Florida! Love the pictures of Simba and Schatzi! That slice of watermelon is too cute! Happy to see your pincushions loved and used! Thinking of you, my friend!

    xoxoxox,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your projects! I need to get back to Mary Wigham - also Needleprint that has been buried. It needs resurrecting! Love your dogs. So cute. Xx

    ReplyDelete