Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Snow Buddies

It is always a real treat when a design in my head works out well in fabric...and that is exactly what happened with my "Snow Buddies" design! This fun table runner design is featured on the AccuQuilt Blog today - and yes, I shared a complete tutorial with all the details.

When I requested the GO! Big Snail's Trail-12" Finished (55460) cutting die and the GO! Big Circle-4", 6", 7", 8" (55462) cutting die to use for my monthly guest blogger post, I'm pretty sure AccuQuilt thought I was crazy and wondered what the heck I was going to create that used those two dies in combination...but I had a plan (a plan that I really hoped would work well in fabric). You see, every time I would come across a completed Snail's Trail quilt block, my brain would see two stocking caps (or Santa hats) twisting together (see die packaging below) - so I thought it would be adorable to have a snowman on either end, with their hats meeting in the middle. I couldn't wait to try out my idea...and I must say it worked out even better than I had planned and made the perfect gift for a dear friend this holiday season. This project makes me happy and I hope it brings a smile to your face too!

So make your way over to the AccuQuilt Blog today for all the details and a step-by-step tutorial that will have you creating your very own "Snow Buddies" table runner with ease. Choose your favorite fabrics and have fun embellishing/dressing your snowman - I listed the exact cutting dies I used, but you could use actual buttons or alternate shapes to make the snowmen your own...how about a little fringe on the scarf ends?...or a pom pom at the top of each hat? There are so many ways to dress these cheerful snowmen - be creative!

You can find the complete tutorial here:
http://www.accuquilt.com/blog/education/go-project-tutorials/snow-buddies-table-runner-quilting-tutorial/

My hope is, you will try making a "Snow Buddies" project...and when you do, please share a photo with me. Personally, I think the design would make an adorable bench pillow...maybe I need to get started on another one....


5 comments: