Monday, March 21, 2016

Monday Musings

Just a quick post today, as I am knee deep in a HUGE project (and when I say huge, that is definitely an understatement) - I will be be wearing my designing/pattern writing hat (sitting at my computer) for the next couple weeks, working on a (somewhat overwhelming) freelance job. I have been keeping busy with my assorted creative endeavors - stitching, sewing, quilting, designing and working on a TON of new things...plus lots of walking and training.

Over the weekend, the most amazing thing happened - I was finally able to replace my desktop computer, thanks to a nice tax return (regular readers know my ancient desktop computer died early this year and I have been working on my laptop). I spent all day Sunday getting it set-up and loading my design files, software, and tools....and today I am excited to get back to work on my FAST new system. My husband also insisted I get a REAL office chair, instead of the old folding chair I have been using for as long as I can remember...it's like having a brand new office...I feel very blessed and overjoyed! This is my fist blog post using my new computer and monitor and it is so much easier/faster - YAY! 

Miss Schatzi turned three-years-old last week and we celebrated by taking a walk around the lake (her favorite) and she got to be off-leash. She didn't get in the water, as there has been some flooding and the inlet I usually take her on was in bad shape...but she still had a marvelous time! I can't believe she is already three - seems like we just got her yesterday. She continues to be be a great training partner for the Komen 3-Day...and makes me smile on a daily basis...


This is how Simba spends his time while Schatzi and I are on the move...

I have started stitching a new model and I am enjoying every minute - it incorporates a plethora of my favorite things and the cheerful colors make me happy! Evenings are my designated stitch time and I am making progress, slowly, but surely...


My Etsy Shop has been busy and I thank you all for your orders and wonderful feedback! I continue to develop plans for future items...and have been color sorting all my fabric scraps for future projects...




I also have a few photos of some fabulous birthday gifts that I am finally getting around to posting...I am so blessed to have creative and talented friends that "get me" and make me the most incredible presents...plus keep me stocked with beautiful fabrics, trims, notions, and patterns/books!...and they find me the BEST squirrel and owl keepsakes...





Whimsical fabric - brown squirrel is a tea infuser - blue squirrel is a pen...TOO FUN!

Finally, I want to thank those of you who have been keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers with the passing of Travis's aunt (mother of our godson)...thank you for your condolences and comforting words - she fought an incredibly brave battle and I know she is now resting peacefully and pain-free, with the most fabulous wings!...and Travis and I have one more angel watching over us...

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over that Miss Schatzi is 3, but I should because Max will be 3 next month. What a wonderful assortment of items you have been working on, Belinda! You received some mighty fine birthday goodies also. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of work setting up a new computer but so worth it in the end...hope your chair is comfy with all the designing work you do. Hard to believe that Miss Schatzi is no longer a puppy...time certainly flies.

    ReplyDelete